Business Rates & Appeals
At Davies & Co., we provide specialist advice on business rates, assessments and appeals specific to commercial and leisure enterprises.
We can offer valuation advice on the Rateable Value (RV) and rates you should be paying, together with reasons for reductions and alterations. We have a successful track record of appealing rateable values, making sure you don’t pay more than necessary.
One of the key factors for determining the amount of rates you pay is the Rateable Value. This is set by the Valuation Officer on behalf of the Inland Revenue, and can be challenged.
We can advise on valuations for Rateable Value assess, exceptions and reliefs:
- Agricultural exemptions
- Small business rates relief
- Charity relief
- Splitting of rating assessments
- Hardship relief
Business Rates Appeals
Davies & Co. can assist in the complex appeals process if we feel the rateable value assessment by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is incorrect or too high.
For appeals we can offer guidance on:
- Check, Challenge, Appeal Revaluations 2017
- How to gather information in support of your appeal including comparing your rateable value with others
- All the relevant forms and processes to ensure that you minimise your business rates liability
We are members of the Institute of Revenues Rating & Valuation (IRRV) and the Rating Surveyors Association (RSA).